Skiing in Argentina at the Cajon Grande refuge
The skiing and backcountry snowboarding area is not a glacier; just in front of the refuge is the Cerro Campanario (3900 m) with 1700m of slopes. After a long days walk into the Rio Grande valley, you can reach the Chilian passes…The playground is huge… with several craters within half a days walk, and so close to the refuge (400 to 1000m of denivelation). See the conditions [skirando.ch] for skitouring.
- Combe Meneco – from the refuge of Cajon Grande
This is the race most accessible from the refuge if it is crossing the Cajon Grande on the cables…
- Cerro del Callao – South side
Good way in the mountain which is north of the refuge. Incredible views all around!
- Cuchillas Las Overs – by the edges
Very beautiful aesthetic output by the edge of the ridge. Exceptional view over the area of Cajon Grande. Ideal spot to look for future trips!
- Vallée “Rio Cajon Grande” – Topo general
- Vallée “Arroyo de Las Overas” – Topo general